Tax Exemption & Financial Record Keeping

Is your department incorporated? Is your corporation exempt from paying federal and state income tax? Is the corporation filing the required Form 990, exempt organization federal return, each year? Fire departments and ambulance services can check the following three sites to learn about their corporation.

Check the Department of State website to determine if you are utilizing the correct corporate name or if the department/service is incorporated.

Check the IRS website to see if your corporation is a 501(c)(3) organization.

Check Guidestar to determine if the corporation is exempt as a 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) and if it is filing tax returns.

Not exempt or not incorporated? Let us help! We obtain tax exemption and file annual tax exempt returns for over 100 fire departments and ambulance services each year!

Financial Record Keeping

Few tasks are more difficult and more important than maintaining accurate financial records.  The Pinsky Law Group maintains monthly financial records for our clients and provides up to date and accurate reports for the membership and board of directors.  Contact Nicole to see how she can help your organization stay organized and improve accountability.

E-mail for more information.